Comprehensive and Practical Brachytherapy
Comprehensive and Practical Brachytherapy. 3-7 Marzo 2019. Atenas (Grecia).
The course is aimed primarily at trainees in radiotherapy, radiation oncologists, medical physicists and radiation therapists (RTTs) wishing to acquaint themselves with the latest developments in brachytherapy. This course is also highly recommended as an essential basis for prostate cancer, gynaecological cancer, and advanced medical physics brachytherapy courses.
The course aims to:
• Cover the basic and general principles of brachytherapy: historical notes on evolution of brachytherapy, sources, after loading systems, imaging for brachytherapy, dosimetry, the essentials of ICRU reports, uncertainties in brachytherapy, radiobiology of different time dose patterns (LDR, HDR, PDR and permanent implants), radioprotection and organisation of a brachytherapy department
• Discuss different technical and dosimetrical aspects of interstitial, endoluminal and endocavitary brachytherapy
• Discuss the main clinical subjects: gynaecological (cervix, endometrium), head and neck (oral cavity, oropharynx), urology (a.o. prostate seed implants), breast (a.o. APBI), skin, bladder and paediatric malignancies
• Illustrate practical examples of brachytherapy treatment planning
• Provide exercises for practical understanding.