Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer
Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer . 21-23 junio 2020. Mánchester (Reino Unido).
By the end of this course participants should be able to know the:
- Requirements for a successful brachytherapy programme
- Relevant patient groups for prostate brachytherapy and the literature reporting their outcome
- Current areas of development in focal and salvage prostate brachytherapy.
This course includes an overview on epidemiology and treatment options for localised prostate cancer. Patient selection for both HDR and LDR seed implants will be discussed with treatment indications and contra-indications. Practical examples of gland evaluation, different implant techniques, ways of treatment planning, and post implant evaluation are presented in the context of videos and interactive discussions between participants and the teaching staff. New approaches are discussed including salvage and focal therapy. Comparisons are presented between LDR and HDR brachytherapy implants and between brachytherapy and other treatments available for prostate cancer.
Before commencing this course participants should:
- Revise the general principles of prostate cancer pathology, diagnosis and staging
- Read the published GEC-ESTRO guidelines in LDR and HDR prostate brachytherapy
- Complete the FALCON* exercise which is distributed prior to the course.