Dose modelling verification for external beam radiotherapy
Dose modelling verification for external beam radiotherapy. 10-14 Junio, 2018. Dublín (Irlanda).
The course is primarily aimed at and recommended for medical physicists and experienced dosimetrists working in treatment planning. The participants should preferably have some practical experience in radiotherapy physics and treatment planning systems. A good medical physics background is required.
The course aims to:
• Review external beam radiotherapy physics and beam modelling
• Make understandable the concepts behind multi-source modelling and dose calculation algorithms in state-of-the-art treatment planning systems
• Identify and describe the important aspects of commissioning treatment planning systems
• Review dosimetry equipment and dose verification methods of importance for commissioning and verification measurements
• Enable practical implementation of concepts for dose verification in advanced external beam therapy.