Comprehensive and Practical Brachytherapy
Comprehensive and Practical Brachytherapy . 9-13 febrero 2020. Bruselas (Bélgica).
The course aims to:
- Cover the basic and general principles of brachytherapy: historical notes on evolution of brachytherapy, sources, after loading systems, imaging for brachytherapy, dosimetry, the essentials of ICRU reports, uncertainties in brachytherapy, radiobiology of different time dose patterns (LDR, HDR, PDR and permanent implants), radioprotection and organisation of a brachytherapy department
- Discuss different technical and dosimetrical aspects of interstitial, endoluminal and endocavitary brachytherapy
- Discuss the main clinical subjects: gynaecological (cervix, endometrium), head and neck (oral cavity, oropharynx), urology (a.o. prostate seed implants), breast (a.o. APBI), skin, bladder and paediatric malignancies
- Illustrate practical examples of brachytherapy treatment planning
- Provide exercises for practical understanding.