Image-Guided Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy in Gynaecological Cancer: Focus on MRI Based Adaptive Brachytherapy
Image-Guided Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy in Gynaecological Cancer: Focus on MRI Based Adaptive Brachytherapy. 2-6 Septiembre, 2018. Madrid.
The course is aimed at radiation and gynaecology oncologists, medical physicists and radiation therapists (RTTs) involved in gynaecological tumour treatments, interested in the implementation of EBRT and brachytherapy image guidance. Course participants should have specific interest in and/or initial experience with implementation of advanced MRI based brachytherapy and advanced EBRT techniques (IMRT/IGRT).
The course aims to:
• Provide a comprehensive overview on the whole field of gynaecological radiation therapy focusing on brachytherapy and external irradiation in cervix cancer, endometrial cancer and vaginal cancer
• Provide an overview on evidence-based medicine (including concomitant chemoradiation)
• Introduce image-based target concepts of GTV, CTV and PTV in gynaecological radiation oncology including EBRT and brachytherapy
• Provide an understanding of advanced image-based EBRT and brachytherapy including techniques and treatment planning
• Enable practical implementation of advanced concepts and techniques in EBRT and brachytherapy.