Dose Modelling and Verification for External Beam Radiotherapy
Dose Modelling and Verification for External Beam Radiotherapy. 19-23 Mayo 2019. Lisboa (Portugal).
The course is primarily aimed at and recommended for medical physicists and experienced dosimetrists working in treatment planning. The participants should preferably have some practical experience in radiotherapy physics and treatment planning systems. A good medical physics background is required.
• Tommy Knöös, Medical Physicist, Skåne University Hospital and Lund University, Lund (SE)
• Brendan Mc Clean, Medical Physicist, St Luke’s Radiation Oncology Network, Dublin (IE)
• Anders Ahnesjö, Medical Physicist, Uppsala University, Uppsala (SE)
• Crister Ceberg, Medical Physicist, Lund University, Lund (SE)
• Maria Mania Aspradakis, Medical Physicist, Cantonal Hospital of Lucerne, Lucerne (CH)
• Núria Jornet, Medical Physicist, Hospital de la Santa Creu in Sant Pau, Barcelona (ES)
Ana Rita Leitão Costa Figueira, Hospital de São João, Porto (PT)
The course aims to:
• Review external beam radiotherapy physics and beam modelling
• Make understandable the concepts behind multi-source modelling and dose calculation algorithms in state-of-the-art treatment planning systems
• Identify and describe the important aspects of commissioning treatment planning systems
• Review dosimetry equipment and dose verification methods of importance for commissioning and verification measurements
• Enable practical implementation of concepts for dose verification in advanced external beam therapy.