Target Volume Determination – From Imaging to Margins
Target Volume Determination – From Imaging to Margins. 24-27 mayo 2020. Bruselas (Bélgica).
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all parts of the planning process and also plan evaluation for intensity modulated radiotherapy (both stepand-shoot IMRT and VMAT)
- Increase accuracy as well as effectiveness in the planning process
- Understand the basis for comparing different plans for the same case
- Understand the problem of competing priorities in planning
- Appreciate the concept of plan optimisation.
- Broadening the therapeutic band width
- Dose calculation algorithms and their differences in clinical impact
- Applying ICRU in treatment planning
- Non-IMRT planning – from simple to complex
- Relationships between 3D dose distributions and clinical toxicities, chest, head and neck, pelvis
- Rationale behind IMRT Practical guidelines for both step-and-shoot
- IMRT and VMAT planning
- Physical and biological optimisation
- Pareto fronts in clinical practice
- Geometric uncertainties and how to deal with them
- Molecular imaging in treatment planning
- Adaptive planning strategies
- Library planning, dose painting planning, robust and probabilistic planning.
Monaco, Pinnacle3, RayStation, Eclipse and TomoTherapy
Before commencing this course participants should:
- Have at least two years experience of radiotherapy planning
- Understand the ICRU definitions of GTV, CTV and PTV
- Understand the relationship between target dose and organs at risk.
- 19 hours of lectures
- 9 hours of practical workshops
- 4 hours of case discussions.
Methods of Assessment
- Evaluation form.